Church of Scientology (Part 1)
This wasn't your typical Sunday morning service (albeit, it was marketed as such). We were immediately thrust into a sales funnel type of process...
- 15 minute biography video on glorified founder L. Ronald Hubbert (aka Ronnie)
- 200 question personality test (interrupted by an irate visitor who had her notebook jacked)
- 30 minute timed IQ test (apparently people score 30% after joining the church - holy shit!)
- The Sermon (don't get it twisted, papa didn't preach)
- Test Results and Analysis (you suck - JOIN US and be better!)
A five mile hike through the San Gabriel Mountains in North LA lead us to standing on the edge of a random bridge preparing to plummet 100+ feet into a ravine. And we're going back - oh yes - we're going back. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to join us on our next Quarterly Quest.
Jordan had a lifelong dream of learning how to play acoustic guitar, and he finally took the plunge. After a few months of scattered lessons, fairly consistent dedication, and some tips from friends, he learned his first song Ed Sheeran's, Thinking Out Loud.
- Jordan shirtless (nothing new here)
- Untamed, scattered, pubic-esque facial hair
- Passion and vulnerability (oh snap!)